Trailblazer by the Sea™
Much more than just a run! Trailblazer By The Sea™ is South Australia's freshest Individual, Team or Family challenge to raise much needed money for good work in the community.
It’s a time to be inspired! It's a rewarding event that will change lives, maybe even yours!
Trailblazer by the Sea has been created as a fund raising, running and walking, event by the Rotary Club of Adelaide together with the Surf Life Saving Association of South Australia, two organisations that share values, and have a long history of achieving positive outcomes in the community.
These two iconic brands in SA have joined forces to conduct this exciting new fundraising event on the SA calendar.
All donations raised go directly to support Surf Lifesaving in SA and the Community Charity work of the Rotary Club of Adelaide.
The event course links the eight metropolitan surf lifesaving clubs of; Semaphore, Henley, West Beach, Glenelg, Somerton, Brighton, and Seacliff.
While individual entrants are welcome we encourage the formation of teams to provide mutual support and encouragement in both the event and fund raising.
The finish point for all course lengths will be Henley Surf Life Saving Club. This will create an event focal point with additional activities throughout the day.
There are four course lengths of 8, 14, 28 and 36km. These are designed to allow participation by a wide range of people, especially families.
- “Purists & the Serious”: A 36km course may be undertaken by teams or individuals covering the full course length. The start point will be the Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club. The route will extend along the coastal route via surf lifesaving clubs to Seacliff SLSC and return via the same route to Henley SLSC.
There are three shorter legs for selection by teams or single participants. These will be for approximately 8 km, 14 km and 28 km.
- “Family and Fun”: The 8 km start point will be from Semaphore SLSC later in the morning. This keeps families and slower walkers clear of other competitors. A simple fun observational quiz will also be provided for this 8 km leg.
- “Just a little More”: The 14 km event will be from Henley SLSC to Glenelg SLSC and return.
- “And wait there’s more”: The 28 km journey will be from Henley SLSC to Seacliff SLSC and return.
- Start times have been programmed to make sure there is excitement throughout the day at Henley.
The event will close at 2:45PM for all competitors.